Sunday, April 22, 2012

Workout and Night Dates

Over the years Jess and I have found that being busy makes us happy.  I never love her more than when she gets me out the door and moving.  Today, she accompanied me after my morning run to the gym where we spent some quality spin time blasting "Europe Radio".  I'm not sure much is sexier than a little cycling chick rocking out to some classics like "The Final Countdown" and "Rock you like a Hurricane".  After our bike riding we spent the rest of our morning swimming laps and lounging in the hot tub at our fitness center.  I believe the importance of finding enjoyment in your activities whether it be with someone you love, friends, or acquaintances will always be what keeps you going.  Prior to Jess, that wasn't always easy for me.  I always had enough self-consciousness and worries to keep me far enough away from a good group of workout buddies.  What I found was that even a small question to ask someone about their exercising, or giving someone a spot at a bench can create and build a workout buddy.  Things may start small but when you know and like people at the gym it makes it that much easier to get to the gym or road.  Getting out is the best way to make and keep them.
 
That all may sound good; however, you never know how things are going to turn out unless you pursue them.  Luckily, for us it has turned out that we can keep each other exercising and each have someone to head to the Circus with when it's in town.  Taking my chances on the little cycling chick has made my heart rock.  I hope you find your groove and love it.
Have a great week of training and life!
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment