Thursday, May 3, 2012

Saucony AMP PRO2 Reco Review

I'm a shoe collector.  Jess thinks that I buy too many shoes.  They are under the table, in my gym bag, next to the door, and if I haven't been using them lately on my shoe rack.  There are not many Saucony shoe models I have not tried at some point.  One "shoe" that Saucony makes is truly different.  Well, it isn't really a shoe at all I guess.  The only time you're running in a pair of Saucony AMP PRO2 Recos is to chase down the UPS man who passed you by or trying to bring your dog back who just took off after a rabbit at 6 a.m.   This is a good thing.  The Reco is meant to be a recovery shoe.  The Reco is a glorified slipper, and one I have rather enjoyed having in my collection.
What's good about the Reco?
     I, for one, find them incredibly cushioned and comfortable for walking to get the mail or lounging in the house.  My feet are rarely the part that hurt after a run so I can't speak to the recovery aspect compared to other shoes, but I do know I search them out after long runs to mope around in the rest of the day.  I also enjoy the fit compared to other bedroom slippers.  The Reco has a stretchable upper connection around the tongue which keeps the fit comfortably snug.  The ride feels like a firm foam under your feet which I find exceptional.  I also like being the bum in the airport in comfortable clothes.  My Recos have made the trip onto airplanes quite a few times and often get compliments as shoes, not slippers. 
What do I complain about?
    The back of the Reco is a combo of fabric meant to collapse so you can slide your feet into them and get going, for me, this doesn't work.  I have to sit down and pull the back over my heels every time anyways (or it'd drive me nuts).  I personally don't feel that it works as a slip-in.  So a potential turn-off to would-be Reco suitors may be the reach down to take off/pull on the slipper each time compared to a bathroom type slipper.

    All-in-All I would give the Reco top reviews as a comfortable around the home slipper which has the sole to make a trip to the mailbox.  For their new sale price, they might be right for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment