Saturday, September 29, 2012

Creations: Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix

Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix:

While sick with a stomach bug a few weeks ago, one of the only things I could eat were dry chex cereal.  I had forgotten how good those little chex were (or perhaps it just seemed that way because that was the only solid food I could eat for 4 days).  Anyhow, that got me thinking about chex mixes and since fall is here why not throw in some pumpkin spice too?

Those of you who know me, know I love making mixtures and I love pumpkin spice!  I thought my creation turned out fairly well so I decided to share here right in time for fall festivities and football tailgates... yes I'm going to have to make this for the Pitt homecoming tailgate :o)

Ingredients:
2.5 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
2.5 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
8 oz nuts (I used walnuts and hazelnuts but I think pecans would good too)
1/4 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup brown sugar

Instructions:
1.  In a small microwavable bowl, melt butter on high about 30 seconds (or until melted).  Stir in vanilla.
2.  In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and nuts.  Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir until evenly distributed.   Add sugar and spice, continue to stir until cereal is coated.
3.  Microwave entire mixture on high 4-5 minutes or until it begins to brown.  Stir every minute.
4.  Spread on wax paper or a cookie sheet to cool and store in an airtight container.
5.  Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment