Friday, April 20, 2012

Week In Review and Things to Come

What a rollercoaster of a week!  Last Friday and Saturday Jess and I were traveling from Hampton, VA where we currently reside working as traveling Physical Therapists to the great town of Alburtis, PA where my parents reside and all the way up to Boston, MA.  It was a great weekend to get a long visit in with my sister and brother-in-law and their beautiful home mixed with the bitter swallow that was my "3rd" Boston Marathon and coming up short on the course. 
Looking at this week as a whole, after returning to Virginia and resuming my daily life it shows the importance of being well-rounded in your life in order to be well-rounded in running.  Happiness surrounds me despite a personal feeling of failure.  Nothing is as inspiring to a runner who needs a pick me up when your family, friends, and co-workers will rally around you to keep you going. 
Don't get me wrong, a bad experience in one race is never a reason to quit.  The only way to truly learn in my opinion is to repeat the cycle of experience and thoughtful reflection on that experience.  I hope everyone has the chance in their endeavors to figure out what works for them whether it be through failures or successes.  Anyways, life is too much fun to dwell on one race and it's time to get some base work in for Chicago!

Jess and I are hoping to roll out a few more female-male blogs in the near future as well as expand upon our physical therapy and product review output.  Feel free to send any preferred body regions or other ideas our way; this is an area for all those anatomy/injury questions as well!  
Thanks for stopping by!  -Nick & Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment